When you decide to put your house on the market, you want to get the best possible price. You invested a lot in your home, and what you make on the sale might determine what you can afford when you purchase again. There are secrets to selling your home quickly and receiving the price you want. Follow these tips to sell your house for the best price.
Price Your Home Right
In Fishers, real estate is hot. Every day there are stories of someone who listed their home and that afternoon had multiple offers higher than their asking price. This only happens when the house is competitively priced.
Many times, homeowners think they’ll start high and reduce the price if their home doesn’t sell. This can be a mistake. Prospective buyers view all the listings in their price range. They have a wide spectrum for comparison. If they feel other homes offer better value, those are the one’s they’ll go see.
When homes get a sales contract within 30 days of listing, they typically sell for more money. That’s also when they attract the most visitors and see the most traffic. The longer your house sits on the market, the more you might have to lower your price. A realtor can help you determine the right listing price for your home.
Home Staging Boosts Appeal
When you’re getting your home ready to list, these ideas can help.
- Focus on curb appeal – Your home’s exterior is likely the featured photo on your real estate listing. It’s also the first thing people see when they visit your home. Trim bushes, weed flower beds, plant flowers, and pressure wash brick to invite people to see what’s inside.
- Remove clutter – put away or store everything you’re not using. Homes show better and feel more spacious if half the furniture is removed. Take down family photos and make sure personal items are out of sight.
- Paint – Touch up scuffed doors and walls. Make sure exterior paint looks fresh for a well-maintained appearance.
- Let in light – Open windows and blinds. Make sure windows are sparkling clean to let in sunlight. Replace light bulbs with ones that have higher wattage.
- Complete small repairs – Don’t let a leaky faucet or off-track door deter prospective buyers. Replace or repair anything that’s damaged, so people know you care about your home.
- Find the right agent – Work with a realtor who knows your area. Ask how he or she will market your home to prospective buyers and support you throughout the process.
RE/MAX Complete has a team of highly seasoned professionals who provide personalized service to help you sell your home. We offer resources and stay in constant communication with our clients to help them sell their homes. Contact us to list your home today.