The process of deciding to sell your house and setting a price are easy compared to marketing your home. There are many ways to increase your property’s exposure to the buyers market. But this becomes much easier with the help of a seller’s agent.
An agent will help you incur costs and coordinate the marketing of your home in a number of ways. Part of the advantage of partnering with a realtor is that they are well connected and pros at networking, often enlisting the help of other realtors and a Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Selling a home takes quite a bit of communication to get the maximum value, so make sure you and your agent are using these tried and true methods to get your home out there:
- Identify Your Home’s Special Features: Your home has a ton of unique features, and it’s important to list all of them. What do you love the most about your home? Have you made any significant improvements over the last few year? Being descriptive and thorough can help you finalize the list. Your realtor will help you design and distribute ads and flyers showcasing your home.
- Digital Listings: Consider sites like Zillow and Facebook to get your home online and in front of as many eyeballs as possible.
- Real Estate Listings: Many publications showcasing the housing market circulate around town to help homeowners and real estate professionals alike. If you don’t want to book an agent, it’s in your best interest to put your home on a For Sale By Owner site or in a publication to ensure your home is being seen.
- Signs: Nothing screams ‘For Sale’ quite like a yard sign. Be sure to include a phone number and perhaps a special interior feature so passersby can get a sneak peak inside. If your home is tucked in a neighborhood away from a main road, putting a directional sign on a prominent corner will help send people to your property.
- Flyers: Whether it’s inside a box in front of your house or somewhere in the community, flyers will help you deliver the details of the finer points of your home. Features like color photos and contact info can display as much as possible and help you lock down showings.